[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:28:32 UTC 2018

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 23:40, marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a big issue with crossing=zebra.
> it prevent to fill in the other value for crossing like
> crossing=traffic_signals crossing=uncontrolled
> the wiki [1] said that crossing=zebra is a shortchut for
> crossing=uncontrolled + crossing_ref=zebra in the UK
> but a lot of zebra also in UK and outside UK have traffic_signals
> and must be tagged with crossing=traffic_signals
> so at the end, crossing=zebra has no meaning... maybe the previous
> contributor mean crossing=uncontrolled + crossing_ref=zebra
> but maybe he mean only crossing_ref=zebra
> I fix a few week a lot of crossing=zebra crossing_1=traffic_signals
> or crossing=zebra;traffic_signals that show it's an issue.

What about tagging the presence or absence of traffic signals with a
subkey, e.g. crossing:traffic_signals=yes/no?

I've already proposed to replace crossing=island with
crossing:island=yes [1] for the same reason, that is, because when
using crossing=island, it's not possible to specify if the pedestrian
crossing is marked or not.

[1]: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:crossing:island

Regards
Markus