[Tagging] lgbtq=primary ? Re: Out of the bars and onto the map: An lgbtq:*=* tagging scheme?

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Fri Oct 26 15:25:34 UTC 2018

What about lgbtq=primary (& lgbtq:*=primary) for "this venue is run
primary for people of the LGBTQ community, or is primarily frequented by
LGBTQ people"?

lgbtq=majority doesn't cover the aspect of "this venue is run *for*
LGBTQ people" implying it's just a numbers game, and could be applied at
51%+.

There is no clear "opposite" of lgbtq=primary, so this scheme doesn't
have suffer from "lgbtq=yes"'s problem of "How do you tag a non-LGBTQ
venue?" lgbtq=no means it's run by bigots who ban LGBTQ people. Boring
cishet bars can just not have a lgbtq tag.

Thoughts?