[Tagging] Wastewater Plants

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Oct 26 17:22:16 UTC 2018

I'd like to expand tagging of wastewater treatment plants by adding in
clarifiers and digesters to the man_made=wastewater_plant wiki page.

This came about as I was editing an area with a wastewater treatment
facility. I didn't know what the various parts of the facility were
called.  A friend who works in GIS for the counties wastewater division
helped me with the terminology for these objects.

The two objects are
1. Clarifiers https://www.dropbox.com/s/k87y9sf144xxylv/clarifier.png?dl=0
2. Digesters https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8jxmgvs8heb314/digester.png?dl=0

According to Wikipedia, clarifiers are settlement tanks that continuously
remove sediment from the wastewater. [1]

Digesters use a process called anaerobic digestion is used to breakdown
sewage sludge. [2] since anaerobic digester is used in other processes, I'd
like to keep it simple and just call them digesters.

For tagging, I'd to suggest the two tags.
man_made=clarifier (used 28 times)
man_made=digester (anaerobic used 3 times, including one misspelling)

I'm not sure if clarifier and digester are what the British call them, if
someone knows, please let me know.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarifier
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_digestion


OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20181026/68620f71/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list