[Tagging] Martitime disputed borders - was "Add some tag to identify disputed borders ?"

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 17:53:07 UTC 2018

On 26/10/2018 18:16, Yuri Astrakhan wrote:
> Another related issue -- maritime disputed borders.

Indeed, that is a case where overlapping admin_level=2 boundaries may
make sense.

Another example is around Gibraltar, where both of the interested
parties can claim to have some control over the some of the same pieces
of the area concerned, and it's another place where I don't think what
we've got in OSM is as good as it could be.

In the case of Gibraltar I'd suggest that a full discussion of the
current situation is probably in order, and I've suggested the
"International Boundaries" thread in the OSM forum
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=61207 in the past as a
place for that (see e.g. my comments on
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/62809907 ).  I used that forum
as a central place to refer people to during the discussions about the
Western Sahara issues (see
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=602864#p602864 for the
start of that).

Best Regards,