[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (consulate)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 09:08:12 UTC 2018

> sent from a phone
>
> On 29. Oct 2018, at 11:18, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com
> <mailto:dieterdreist at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> At the moment mappers can simply tag by using the name
>

> here’s an example for a misleading name tag:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/332554285

Just to make it clear.

I am only using things already tagged amenity=embassy, but missing a
diplomatic tag and then using the associated name value to determine
what diplomatic value to add.

Not simply every name tag in the data base... that could lead to some
interesting results.

There are some things miss-tagged as amenity=embassy .. one is a school
(I have re-tagged that), I think 3 others are brothels... fixmes in
place now.