[Tagging] Public Transport Timetables Proposal RFC

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 08:49:03 UTC 2018

Op wo 31 okt. 2018 om 09:31 schreef djakk djakk <djakk.djakk at gmail.com>:

> Hello ! I think it’s a good idea to “replace” GTFS files with OSM data.
>
> In OSM there is already half of the GTFS (the relations that describes
> stops and route).

We have the part of GTFS that makes sense to have in a geographical
database. That's only 10-15% of what is found in a GTFS file though, not
50%. We're already struggling to keep that part up-to-date. I'm not
convinced either it would be a good idea to try and add timetable data into
OSM. Doing it in full detail gets very complex, very fast, due to all the
exceptions and not doing it in full detail is not useful to begin with.
For irregular services like school buses or market buses, it may make sense
to use an opening hours scheme as they only function 2 times a day or 1 day
per week. For metro lines it may make sense to indicate whether to expect 1
every 5 or 1 every 15 minutes.

Polyglot