[Tagging] Public Transport Timetables Proposal RFC

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 08:30:49 UTC 2018

It is generally a bad idea to store data twice in different places. Any
database expert will agree with that.
It's a simple question of data maintanance.
OSM is being suffocated with imports/insertion of data that are maintained
outside OSM, and hence needs regular re-import or manual update:
buildings, landuse, monumental trees, publc transport routes, whatever, and
now even time tables of public transpiort.
How on earth can we maintain all that stuff in a single data base with our
manpower?
And as we cannot maintain our data copies in OSM, they will drift apart
from the originals from the moment they are imported/inserted. No
reasonable person would trust public transport timetables that are in OSM.

My five Eurocents.

Volker