[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse=governmental

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 10:58:32 UTC 2018

Am Mi., 31. Okt. 2018 um 11:49 Uhr schrieb SelfishSeahorse <
selfishseahorse at gmail.com>:

> I think if editors will name the landuse=governmental preset
> 'government premises', there won't be a high risk that people would
> use this tag for land owned or regulated by the government.
> Alternatively, renaming the tag landuse=government_premises (or
> landuse=governmental_site) should clear up any ambiguities.

We should be very clear about whether the land is owned by the public, or
used by the public. Landuse is a property for the current use, so
landuse=governmental (or whatever is chosen) should indicate used by the
government. This could be private property (and rented), or public property.

WRT to Joseph's comment about "municipal, statal and federal", I would
welcome adding a property for the level (if a generic level is chosen for
landuse), maybe "admin_level" would suit best?

How will we deal with uses shared by bodies of different levels in the
hierarchy, e.g. a site which is used together by federal and state entities
(e.g. on different building levels, or in cooperation).

Cheers,
Martin