[Tagging] Public Transport Timetables Proposal RFC

Leif Rasmussen 354lbr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:04:23 UTC 2018

Thanks for the feedback on this proposal!  Maintainability and corruption
of existing features seem to be the two biggest concerns, both of which I
have reduced in the new version of the proposal.  I really like the idea
that Polyglot expressed on the talk page of the proposal of using a
completely separate relation to represent a single timetable.  It is a
completely different system that is much more elegant, versatile,
practical, and simple.  By using a relation similar in design to turn
restrictions, the complexity of this proposal has been reduced
significantly.

The new version of the proposal will not affect existing public transport
routes in any way or form.  They will remain unchanged and uncorrupted,
similarly to how turn restrictions do not affect highways in any noticeable
way.  Data consumers will not have to worry about any changes to public
transport details.

https://wiki.osm.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Public_transport_schedules

Please let me know what you all think about the improved proposal.
Maintainability will still be difficult, but much easier than before.  It
may also be possible for these types of relations to be added by, and
checked for currency by, StreetComplete without much trouble.

Example of a timetable relation:

Thank you,
Leif Rasmussen