[Tagging] Public Transport Timetables Proposal RFC

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 31 14:38:04 UTC 2018

Hi

I hope you're open to rescinding this proposal.

This data is too transient to be of benefit within the OSM database. The
poor implemented & negligibly maintenance of opening hours is a good
example as to why it shouldn't be added.

The numerous Public Transport schemas are a mess. Their problems need
sorting out, not adding to. From what I've seen, most of PT's tags are
duplicates of other which are already established & work well. See
'public_transport=station'

'stop_areas' are a pig's ear of incomprehensibility. Even those who
conceived it appear uncertain as to its scope.

Cheers
DaveF