[Tagging] Tagging suggestions for electricity

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 06:00:44 UTC 2018

On 01/09/18 14:52, Dolly Andriatsiferana wrote:
> Also in developing countries in Africa some houses would be
> "connected" to an electricity distribution network (thus having an
> electric wire from the exterior entering the house), and some would
> have their individual (per building) source such as a small generator
> somewhere in the building itself or solar panels on the roof.
>
> And we would like to have a way to distinguish:
> - those who are connected to a distribution network of electricity
electricity:connected=yes/no
> - those who use individual power source for the building
> (generator/windmill/solar panel...)
There are a few methods in the data base. I looked in taginfo for the
value solar;
the dominate one with over 160,000 uses is generator:source=solar
Of course this would need to be combined wit the tag power=generator.
This is an existing tag .. I see no limit on the size of the power
generation so small should be fine.

> - those who have no electricity at all
If it has none of the above tags ... then it may have no electricity.
Could be the default state for rural Africa.
Adding the tag power=no maybe an idea?
There is a little use of things like power_source=no, power_supply=no.