[Tagging] horse rental

Hufkratzer hufkratzer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 14:25:44 UTC 2018

On 1.9.2018 02:55, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 at 09:03, Hufkratzer <hufkratzer at gmail.com
> <mailto:hufkratzer at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I think a better alternative would be to use amenity=horse_rental,
>     this
>     is currently used 5 times, this would be analogous to
>     amenity=car_rental, amenity=bicycle_rental and amenity=boat_rental.
>

> I'm not sure if horse rental would really be an appropriate term?
>
> If you rent a car, bike or boat, then you decide where to go, but if
> you're "renting" a horse, you're paying to join an organised trail
> ride of some form, you're not renting a horse to ride off into the
> sunset & return it tomorrow!
>
> Thanks
>
> Graeme
One can rent a horse for trail riding, guided or unguided, or for riding
inside of an enclosed area, with or without a teacher. One can do this
for just an hour or for several days and also with horse.drawn caravans,
see these example webpages:
-  http://www.sombrerohorses.com
  - http://www.irishhorsedrawncaravans.com/Horses.htm

What else than "horse rental" is there to call it?