[Tagging] Tagging suggestions for electricity

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:51:35 UTC 2018

> What is your reasoning for rejecting the idea that unused tags (or
> lowest usage stuff) get documented as a proposed thing, rather than an
> established convention?

First you have not put it forward as an idea, but put it forward as a
compulsion, a dictate.
OSM has never dictated this method as compulsory.

While it is good to encourage the discussion of a tag on the tagging
list, trying to make a mapper do a proposal page is a discouragement to
enter into discussions on the tagging list - the last thing 'we' want!

If dictated it could lead to many undocumented tags remaining
undocumented as it becomes yet more difficult to document a new tag.
There then would have to be 2 wiki pages created. And if the proposal is
only in draft form there is not compulsion to mention it on the tagging
list.
If a watch is set on making any new proposal page .. why not set a watch
on making any new wiki page at all - same effect but less work for the
person doing the documentation.