[Tagging] Tagging suggestions for electricity

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 08:37:27 UTC 2018

Le lun. 3 sept. 2018 à 23:52, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> a écrit :

> While it is good to encourage the discussion of a tag on the tagging list,
> trying to make a mapper do a proposal page is a discouragement to enter
> into discussions on the tagging list - the last thing 'we' want!

The only advantage to discuss tag on @tagging is to find solutions and
eventually consensus.
Is this really what we are doing here?

There are about 50 mails in this thread and only problems facing a really
good idea.
Se let's start writing something to keep track of records and stop wasting
our time and energy.

> If dictated it could lead to many undocumented tags remaining undocumented
> as it becomes yet more difficult to document a new tag.
> There then would have to be 2 wiki pages created. And if the proposal is
> only in draft form there is not compulsion to mention it on the tagging
> list.
> If a watch is set on making any new proposal page .. why not set a watch
> on making any new wiki page at all - same effect but less work for the
> person doing the documentation.

I use to write my proposals like the resulting keys pages should look like.
Then no need to write two different texts but only one which is easier.

My 2 cts

François