[Tagging] Slow vehicle turnouts

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 08:00:31 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 5. Sep 2018, at 03:13, Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure modifying its definition to include ways would be a good idea.

I agree and have changed my mind, nodes only is ok for passing places

> In addition, the term "passing" or, in the EU, "overtaking", implies that the passing vehicle does so on the left (U.S.) while these turnouts are always on the right.

I understand the word as you can pull out (on the right), so that others can pass you (on the left) but also: two vehicles can pass each other on an otherwise too narrow road.
You can also “pass” an obstacle that stands still in English, or am I misguided?

cheers,
Martin