[Tagging] Slow vehicle turnouts

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sun Sep 9 10:13:54 UTC 2018

On 8 September 2018 21:06:11 CEST, SelfishSeahorse <selfishseahorse at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 at 02:38, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
>> I'm thinking, perhaps, a new access tag value: smv (slow moving
>vehicle).  Then you could (using my previous I 82 through the Cabbage
>Patch climb) do something like smv:lanes:access=no|yes|designated.
>
>This seems like a good idea to me -- although 'slow moving vehicle' is
>defined differently depending on the region (e.g. < 60 km/h in France
>or less than the normal speed at the particular time and place in the
>USA or CA), but that shouldn't be our problem, should it?

The only signage on autoroute with voie pour vehicules lents is the start of a new crawler lane in English and a sign indicating 'vehicules lents'. There is no indication of a maximum speed for that lane, beyond at 130 you may come up behind a truck very quickly, there is no indication that the standard keep to the right unless overtaking doesn't apply. The offside (3rd) lane will have a minimum speed, usually 100, posted. At the top the vehicules lents lane becomes lane 1 and lanes 2 and 3 become lane 2.

Phil (trigpoint)