[Tagging] Slow vehicle turnouts

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 12:37:19 UTC 2018

On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 at 12:15, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:
> The only signage on autoroute with voie pour vehicules lents is the start of a new crawler lane in English and a sign indicating 'vehicules lents'. There is no indication of a maximum speed for that lane, beyond at 130 you may come up behind a truck very quickly, there is no indication that the standard keep to the right unless overtaking doesn't apply. [...]

The 60 km/h are not indicated on the road sign, but in the 'Code de la
route' (highway code):

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichCodeArticle.do?idArticle=LEGIARTI000006842322&cidTexte=LEGITEXT000006074228

The second section is translated into English as follows: 'For the
purposes of this article, the term slow vehicles refers to vehicles
that cannot travel at a speed exceeding 60 km/h on the road section in
question.'

But because our good practice guidelines recommend to not map local
legislation, this doesn't seem to matter, and smv:lanes=||designated
should be fine. (I wouldn't even tag smv:lanes=no|yes|designated
because of the same guideline.)