[Tagging] Designated value as a key

Lionel Giard lionel.giard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 11:18:14 UTC 2018

I'm not seeing much difference seeing "designated=bicycle" versus the
in-use combinaison "bicycle=designated" (same for the other common tag like
motor_vehicle) except that the first one would use a different "access
paradigm" than everything else. That's not really a simplification to me,
and i don't understand the reason that you would use that. Is there really
a big problem in the processing of such access tag by software ?

For the very specific employee access, why is it better to use the
"designated subtag" instead of using a "private=Repsol workers" subtag ? As
most employees-only access are tagged via access=private.