[Tagging] Slow vehicle turnouts

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 11:51:42 UTC 2018

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 at 11:17, Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still not convinced the lanes:smv tagging scenario is the best solution but were I to change my mind, how would I tag my turnouts?  Here is another screen shot of the particular section of highway with a turnout on both sides of the road that I've been discussing (59.752103, -151.766395 ) with the ways removed for clarity: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm6iahw9ch79tuh/slow_vehicle_turnout.jpg?dl=0

I would probably split the road at every place where an additional
lane begins or ends, i.e. four times, and would tag the sections as
follows from right to left (this is the direction of the highway way):

lanes=2

lanes=3
lanes:forward=2
lanes:backward=1
smv:lanes:forward=|designated
overtaking:lanes:forward=yes|no

lanes=4
lanes:forward=2
lanes:backward=2
smv:lanes:forward=|designated
smv:lanes:backward=|designated
overtaking:lanes:forward=yes|no
overtaking:lanes:backward=yes|no

lanes=3
lanes:forward=1
lanes:backward=2
smv:lanes:backward=|designated
overtaking:lanes:backward=yes|no

lanes=2

In case the turnouts were separated by a barrier, i think your idea
with highway=service + service=slow_vehicle_turnout would make sense.

Regards
Markus