[Tagging] Mapping language borders, tagging offical languages?

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Sep 16 05:40:56 UTC 2018

On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 9:24 PM Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If it's necessary, I'm willing to make a proposal to change aboriginal /
> native lands to an administrative boundary, without an admin_level
> Would that solve the problem?

Please don't suggest changing aboriginal lands tag. I'm very familiar with
the US and to a smaller degree Canada. Admin_level doesn't work well for
aboriginal lands. In the US's case, aboriginal lands are considered
domestic dependant nations. While many are completely within a state, they
are not under the states control in that they are free to govern
themselves.

Using boundary=aboriginal_lands is an established practice that works.

Best,
Clifford

--
@osm_seattle