[Tagging] Telephone exchange

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 09:53:46 UTC 2018

Re "central office", it's not really an English term.  I'm guessing that 
it was translated from French - see 
.  The English term that matches this concept is "Telephone Exchange".  
"amenity=telephone_exchange" is of course in common use, and if a 
building looks like a telephone exchange (certainly many in the UK have 
a common design) then "building=telephone_exchange" may also make sense.

"building=central_office" won't mean much to data consumers beyond 
"building=yes", but like Chris said, people can use whatever tags they like.

Best Regards,


More information about the Tagging mailing list