[Tagging] landuse for government offices ?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:26:46 UTC 2018

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 at 03:35, OSMDoudou <
19b350d2-b1b3-4edb-ad96-288ea1238eee at gmx.com> wrote:

> The "landuse=commercial" page [1] says "area may consists of offices,
> administration", whereas the "landuse" page [2] says "Government services
> and businesses should not use this tag".

Hi

Personally, I can't see why it should say that as to my mind they would
still be commercial areas?

Discussion on the landuse page does actually mention landuse=institutional
for Govt areas, so that's a possible answer, however it appears that it
doesn't render.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dinstitutional

Thanks

Graeme