[Tagging] landuse for government offices ?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 04:25:04 UTC 2018

 It would be good to write up a proposal and pick a tag. Landuse=civic and
landuse=public_admin have been used. I recall civic_centre as a value too.

In the USA it is common for government buildings to be grouped in one area,
possibly including those of different admin_levels like municipal, county
and State (levels 4, 6 and 8) in the same area.

Perhaps this is not as common in Britain and Europe? It is also common in
South and Central America and Southeast Asia to have big areas of
government offices together, so it makes some sense to distinguish this
from normal commercial landuse.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 8:36 AM Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> sent from a phone
> > On 17. Sep 2018, at 23:59, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us>
> wrote:
> >
> > My choice is landuse=public or landuse=government. Neither are listed on
> the wiki page {1]. landuse=public has been used 300 times and with other
> extensions to public like public_administration it has over 400 uses.
> landuse=public is completely unspecific and not clear and can mean a lot
> of things, for village greens it would fit;-)
> If you mean to map land used for public administration, I suggest it
> should be spelled out.
> Cheers,
> Martin
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20180918/55625da6/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list