[Tagging] landuse for government offices ?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 04:25:04 UTC 2018

 It would be good to write up a proposal and pick a tag. Landuse=civic and
landuse=public_admin have been used. I recall civic_centre as a value too.

In the USA it is common for government buildings to be grouped in one area,
possibly including those of different admin_levels like municipal, county
and State (levels 4, 6 and 8) in the same area.

Perhaps this is not as common in Britain and Europe? It is also common in
South and Central America and Southeast Asia to have big areas of
government offices together, so it makes some sense to distinguish this
from normal commercial landuse.