[Tagging] landuse for government offices ?

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 18:06:10 UTC 2018

On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 at 19:35, OSMDoudou
<19b350d2-b1b3-4edb-ad96-288ea1238eee at gmx.com> wrote:
> How to tag a piece of land where governmental several office buildings are
> situated ?


I would tag it landuse=civic_admin, which has been defined as 'an area
used for civic / governmental / public institutional administration
buildings'. [1] There's a draft proposal from 2015 [2] --
unfortunately it has been abandoned.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dcivic_admin
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Civic_admin

landuse=institutional, which is defined as 'an area used for
educational, medical institutions, public facilities, courthouses, or
other similar uses', [3] has been suggested too, however this tag has
the problem that it overlaps with other landuse including
landuse=military. Besides it might be too generic.

[3] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Dinstitutional


More information about the Tagging mailing list