[Tagging] maxspeed:type vs source:maxspeed // StreetComplete

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 07:35:10 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 19. Sep 2018, at 03:19, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So on the boundary=administrative admin_level=6 for Rogers County, we could have something like maxspeed:type:default=45mph

and if your app shows the wrong speed limit you simply have to check additionally all admin entities around you to fix it. And if the boundary breaks you won’t have speed limits anymore (or limits from the wrong admin entity). It would be a top down approach, and I don’t believe it would be better than what we currently do, if we used inheritance for properties like speed limits. It doesn’t work well with our general system (people observing locally, flat system without too much abstraction).

Cheers,
Martin