[Tagging] landuse for government offices ?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:16:03 UTC 2018

It sounds this tag will not be used in Sweden. It may not be much use in
England either.

But if you’ve seen an America “civic center” or an Indonesian regency
office, they are quite distinct from commercial offices. American offices
and those in developing countries often seem to be trying to waste as much
money as possible on huge plazas, landscaping, and extravagant
architecture, while nearby commercial offices are sedate and sensibly
rectangular.

American cities often have separate zoning laws for these areas too.

I’ll probably still recommend that the Openstreetmap-Carto style render
this in the same color as commercial landuse, for simplicity. But the
Humanitarian style might want to show civic_admin differently, because they
already emphasize government offices