[Tagging] maxspeed:type vs source:maxspeed // StreetComplete

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 23:11:29 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 19. Sep 2018, at 22:09, Tobias Zwick <osm at westnordost.de> wrote:
>
> This is France though. The abutters-key would only need to be used in
> the United States in order to infer the default speed limits as only
> there, a difference is made between residence districts and business
> districts.

the abutters tag has a different definition, it isn’t intended for the purpose of mapping the context according to traffic law classification. I would not start using this established tag differently.

My proposition for the purpose of maxspeed would be using source:maxspeed = country/state code:residence or business, unless signposted of course.

Cheers,
Martin