[Tagging] Area of Firestations / Area of Ambulancestations

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 15:24:45 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 22. Sep 2018, at 16:46, Thilo Haug OSM <thaug at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> So the discussion shouldn't be in which case to use amenity or emergency
> (how to differentiate them),
> but how to establish a namespace which allows to express all of the
> possible "mixtures".

don’t have to decide for amenity _or_ emergency, you can add both.
These keys already have established a “namespace”.

The thing about a (non-) emergency police station could be that some police stations close (at night, at noon, on weekends), so you would not rely on them for emergencies.

e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/271005054
current tagging doesn’t suggest anything different with other police stations (and my information is too old to be added, but feel free to check it)

cheers,
Martin