[Tagging] How to tag a building constructed for a gastronomic purposes?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Sep 25 02:36:12 UTC 2018

> On Sep 24, 2018, at 7:10 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am not even sure if restaurants are a type of retail

Restaurants sell food. Unless it is an “amenity” that belongs to a larger thing, I assume that all restaurants are building=retail. this is especially true of fast food restaurants.

there may be situations where a restaurant is a point inside a larger building (a tower with a restaurant on top, a hotel with a restaurant inside, an apartment complex with a small restaurant on the first floor, etc ), but a purpose-built building along a road with a parking lot is certainly retail.

we have =office and =hotel,  a type of building=commercial, so if you suggest we make building=restaurant, that seems fine to me. But in it’s absence, building=retail is the correct value (to me).

javbw