[Tagging] How to tag a building constructed for a gastronomic purposes?

Robert Skedgell rob at hubris.org.uk
Wed Sep 26 08:40:04 UTC 2018

On 25/09/18 12:47, Colin Smale wrote:
> On 2018-09-25 13:07, Marc Gemis wrote:
>> However, I'm not sure whether gastronomic is the proper
>> British-English word to use. I think the Brits are already using
>> building=pub (perhaps only for a subclass of your 'gastronomic'.

I've tended to use building=pub where the building is "obviously" a
public house / inn, built for that purpose.

> The predicate "gastronomic" implies a certain level of quality, aimed at
> good-food-lovers. Fast-food would not be gastronomic, nor would many
> restaurants and pubs. However a modern invention is the "gastro-pub"
> where they consider their food to be of a particularly high standard,
> not just standard pub food.

For a gastro-pub, perhaps amenity=pub + food=yes + cuisine=gastropub
(where no more specific cuisine=* would be more appropriate), regardless
of what building=* contains?

Robert Skedgell (rskedgell)

More information about the Tagging mailing list