[Tagging] Tagging a named river bend

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:21:59 UTC 2018

I agree that a node is best, because it is  debatable where a river bend
starts and ends, but it is easy to put a node at the center.

To confirm, this name is for the section of river, not for the semi-circle
of land inside of the bend?

I agree that a separate tag is needed, as you said, because this is not the
name of a river. It’s analogous to a bay in a lake or sea.

Did you try searching taginfo? Has anyone been using waterway=bend or
natural=bend, or something similar?

-Joseph