[Tagging] Traffic sign direction tagging..

Bryan Housel bhousel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 16:07:19 UTC 2018

> I actually mentioned the issue in Milano.
> Essentially `traffic_sign`, `traffic_sign:forward` and `traffic_sign:backward` need to be treated as "object" tags as things are now.

Let’s just do `traffic_sign=*` and consider the others an unfortunate mistake that can go away.

> See pages 29 and 30 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LVmZIaEvd1K7mYVqDLnrhC5-jHLHy0lQ <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LVmZIaEvd1K7mYVqDLnrhC5-jHLHy0lQ>
> And I should note that iD has "plot" as such a key which is equally mysterious, but I couldn't quite convince myself to include in the list.

Not sure.. I just checked and iD don’t have `plot=*` as a key value, so maybe there’s an error in whatever process you used to gather the data..

The “toplevel” key values in iD are really just the names of all the folders here:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/tree/master/data/presets/presets <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/tree/master/data/presets/presets>

Thanks, Bryan