[Tagging] Traffic sign direction tagging..

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Sep 28 21:14:03 UTC 2018

Am 28.09.2018 um 18:07 schrieb Bryan Housel:
>> I actually mentioned the issue in Milano.
>>
>> Essentially `traffic_sign`, `traffic_sign:forward` and
>> `traffic_sign:backward` need to be treated as "object" tags as things
>> are now.
>>
> Let’s just do `traffic_sign=*` and consider the others an unfortunate
> mistake that can go away.
There are a total of 37'000 forward / backward variants that would have
to be migrated to  traffic_sign + a suitable sub tag, not an awful lot
in the grand scheme of things, but needs to be done.

>> See pages 29 and 30
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LVmZIaEvd1K7mYVqDLnrhC5-jHLHy0lQ
>>
>> And I should note that iD has "plot" as such a key which is equally
>> mysterious, but I couldn't quite convince myself to include in the list.
>>
> Not sure.. I just checked and iD don’t have `plot=*` as a key value,
> so maybe there’s an error in whatever process you used to gather the
> data..

Sorry, just confusion on my hand: I was actually referring to
allotments=plot with allotments as the "top-level" key (the plot bit is
what I remembered, but it is still a one off top-level key).

Simon