[Tagging] Horse mounting steps compared to horse walker

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Apr 1 07:16:06 UTC 2019

Apr 1, 2019, 2:42 AM by 61sundowner at gmail.com:

> Ok .. I have a draft for mounting blocks
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/mounting_block <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/mounting_block>
>
> Think I have the main points downs.. I'll leave it for a week and see. Then I'll do the RFC thing and see what happens..
>
> Not certain about the voting method to determine the key.. if it then requires a secondary vote for the key/value pair.

For https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dcarpet_hanger <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dcarpet_hanger>
I put to vote single key=value with key that had most supporters during discussion.

In that case amenity, leisure, man_made all make sense, with amenity well working
as a generic tag (man_made may be a bit confusing for rare case of natural feature
like rock with standard use as a mounting block, though I am not sure is it
something that is happening even once).