[Tagging] Tagging shared campuses: landuse=school- alternative landuse=educational

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 22:00:27 UTC 2019

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 4. Apr 2019, at 22:07, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> landuse is usually seen as a property about the use of land, this proposal uses it as a fe
> feature to represent a named object of several schools. If I split the landuse in 2, will I get 2 campuses which happen to have the same name, or one distributed in 2 pieces?
>
> With an explicit modeling (e.g. site or group) you can answer this question unambiguously.
>
> In any case it would seem desirable to be explicit about the extent of every school so an area representation is better than just nodes, and as this will provide you with all the grounds covered at least once, adding another explicit polygon would seem redundant.
> If you use just nodes for the schools you will not see the difference between a small school inside the campus of a big school and 2 similar sized schools which share the same grounds (for example).

Some schools share land with kindergartens, colleges etc. It may be difficult for the mapper to determine which facilities are exclusive and which shared.

Some educational places are for 'outdoor eduction' and located in the countryside.

e.g. https://www.joeys.org/outdoor-education/colo/

So I think a more expansive tag would be better - hence landuse=educational