[Tagging] Tagging shared campuses: landuse=school?

althio althio.forum at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 07:31:16 UTC 2019

> for the shared name of several schools I would suggest the group
relation. Just add the schools as members and add the shared name to the
relation.
-1
I prefer an area if there is contiguous grounds (this is a simple
representation, with geographical information, close to reality, and does
not involve relation).
Or a 'site' relation if elements are dispersed.

> I think the school amenity may also be linked to its grounds via a
relation, but [...].
-1, no need for relation, spatial data gives that information already.
As you say:

 > The association of school with campus can be deduced from the amenity
point/way lying inside the landuse area.
+1000. Keep it simple. And spatial. Not over-relational.

> When schools share campus make it a large amenity=school area without any
name and amenity=school + name nodes for the schools.
This seems very wrong to me.
This goes against 1 feature, 1 element.
It would prevent basic operations like counting the schools in a city.

-- althio