[Tagging] golf_cart=permit? | Re: Feature Proposal - RFC - Key:golf_cart

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Thu Apr 11 12:39:52 UTC 2019

On 10/04/2019 14:28, Paul Allen wrote:
> You may want to take Peachtree City, Georgia into account in your
> proposal.  It has an alternative transportation network of golf cart
> paths.  People must obtain and display permits on their carts to use
> the paths.  Accordingly, somebody has tagged several footpaths there
> with golf_cart=permissive.
I thought "*=permissive" meant: "You have no legal right use that on
this road/path/etc, someone else 'owns'/controls it. However they allow
anyone to use it by default, but they reserve the right to kick you
out/off for any reason." And that doesn't sound like what you describe.

It seems like this permit system gives someone a (temporary) _right_ to
drive their golf cart along those paths. I think `golf_cart=permit` is
more accurate here.