[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Camp_site=camp_pitch

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Thu Apr 11 13:45:50 UTC 2019

Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I assume these are caravan or motorhome sites?

Yep mostly caravans with wheels removed and awnings.

> But I think that a place with "permanent_camping=only" is mistagged.

Hm basically these are members-only sites without reception but still
campsites at least in legal terms.

> There is a tag "building=static_caravan" (based on British English)
> for  motorhomes / trailers / caravans and mobile homes which are used
> as permanent residences in one place, year-round.

Which does not fit, as theses caravans+awnings still need to be movable at
least in theory to stay legal. Theses sites are still somehwat tourism as
they are usually used like weekend houses.

> We have many "mobile home parks" in the USA which are intended for
> year-road habitation, and most of the "vehicles" are up on jacks. Many
> have decks and porches built on. I believe these are mapped as
> landuse=residential areas, with building=static_caravan for each home.

Hm, might be similar, hard to tell.

Sven

--
Freiheit ist immer die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden
(Rosa Luxemburg)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web