[Tagging] tags for a live stock sale yard

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 07:46:35 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 11. Apr 2019, at 09:27, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:
>
> Cattle Market, or Livestock Market are the British terms for these.

what about the key, amenity? shop?
man_made?

“building” is about the building, not the feature (function), landuse is a property of the land. From the above I would go with amenity, similar to amenity=marketplace which by its current generic definition might also apply: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dmarketplace
(if you decide to use this, it might make sense to add a subtag, e.g. market=livestock, generally I would see a difference if we can agree that marketplace is aiming at private end customers)

Cheers, Martin