[Tagging] airport check in counters

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 11:47:38 UTC 2019

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 10:13, bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, I was just considering whether we could unite related features
> like ticket booths/ticket check/vending/reception/information
> desk/check-in for various places like camp_site, hotel, motel,
> guest_house, school, office, mall, community_centre, sports_centre,
> events_venue, cinema, theatre, music_venue, nightclub, public
> transport, etc.

Such merging may cause problems for (some) editors.  If you can guarantee
that all
camp sites, hotels, motels, etc. can potentially have any of ticket booths,
vending, check in,
etc. then that's fine.  E.g., if A could have any of X, Y or Z; B could
have any of X,  Y or Z;
C can have any of X, Y or Z; etc. that isn't a problem.  The editor's code
just handles it as
a list of X, Y and Z can apply to A, B and C

What would be a problem is if A can only have X or Y; B can only have Y or
Z; and C can only have
X or Z.  That means special-casing bits of code.  Historically, authors of
(some) editors refuse
to support such tagging schemes because it introduces code complexity.

Of course, we can define tags any way we wish.  But unless editors support
them, they won't
get used as much as if the editors support them.

--
Paul