[Tagging] airport check in counters

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 22:40:00 UTC 2019

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 21:49, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 10:13, bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Also, I was just considering whether we could unite related features
>> like ticket booths/ticket check/vending/reception/information
>> desk/check-in for various places like camp_site, hotel, motel,
>> guest_house, school, office, mall, community_centre, sports_centre,
>> events_venue, cinema, theatre, music_venue, nightclub, public
>> transport, etc.

You could probably get away with classifying almost all of those as
check_in, or maybe reception? For most of those venues, though,"reception"
would be immediately inside the front door, so there wouldn't really be a
need to show where it is.

An exception to that would be airports, where your ticket desk/s can be
located almost anywhere, & you'd then also have to specify that this is the
check-in for Airline A, that one is Airline B & so on

Such merging may cause problems for (some) editors.  If you can guarantee
> that all
> camp sites, hotels, motels, etc. can potentially have any of ticket
> booths, vending, check in,
> etc. then that's fine.  E.g., if A could have any of X, Y or Z; B could
> have any of X,  Y or Z;
> C can have any of X, Y or Z; etc. that isn't a problem.  The editor's code
> just handles it as
> a list of X, Y and Z can apply to A, B and C
>
> What would be a problem is if A can only have X or Y; B can only have Y or
> Z; and C can only have
> X or Z.

Yes, we see this with some of the camping grounds we regularly go to. Some
have offices / kiosks, where you check in on arrival; some have no check in
requirements at all - you just arrive, pick a (unmarked) spot & set up;
while others have to be booked online before you go.

These could probably all be covered by check_in=yes / no / online_only,
possibly together with a bookings=(url)?

Thanks

Graeme