[Tagging] Requiring area=yes with barrier=wall, barrier=hedge and other usually linear features when mapped as an area`1

Phake Nick c933103 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 03:18:22 UTC 2019

>Example: I'm considering using the tag "area=yes" to check if a
>barrier should be rendered as an area. Right now "barrier=hedge" is
>rendered as an area in the Openstreetmap-carto if it is imported as a
>polygon. This happens for all closed ways that are tagged "area=yes",
>but it also happens if the closed way is tagged with both
"barrier=hedge" and "landuse" or "natural" or "amenity", because these
>keys are normally imported as areas

I don't think those tags like "landuse" should exist in the same OSM object
as closed way barrier tag, because the area inside closed way is a
different object from the barrier that make the closed way and thus per the
one feature one object rule they should be drawn separately