[Tagging] What is the role of "role=guidepost"

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 10:06:08 UTC 2019

But your example is different. You put the function into the name field.
For me the role of an object tagged information=guidepost is exactly that,
a guidepost.  I am sure I am missing something, otherwise it would not have
50k uses.
I admit to being Overpass-ignorant. Can someone help me find examples,
where a guidepost in a route relation has a role that is neither <empty>
nor "guidepost.