[Tagging] What is the role of "role=guidepost"

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 21:45:46 UTC 2019

At least some guide posts are to guide people along a particular route, particularly where a few paths meet, where the route diverges off the main path/road, or where there has been a long distance since the last guide post.

Some of these are simply small signs with symbols only, nailed to a farmers fence post or tree and may be easy to miss unless you are looking for them.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5817e87e414fb5c2f568ec3a/582948be5016e1a4d86f949d/582948f5579fb3ac54f56e95/1479879448958/HH_Gallery+-+31.jpg?format=1000w

Provided these are indicators of the route I think they should be included in the route relation.