[Tagging] What is the role of "role=guidepost"

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Sat Apr 13 21:19:09 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'd argue that in most cases it is wrong to add the guidepost
at all to the route, with ot without role. They are not part of
the route they just happen to be along the side of it.

We don't add direction signs on motorways to a motorway relation
either just because the motorway happens to be mentioned on the
sign.

There are a couple of exceptions where adding the guidepost may
be valid (for example when they are official section markers
maybe even equipped with collection stamps) but then the role
is pretty much always something other than guidepost.

Kind regards

Sarah