[Tagging] tags for a live stock sale yard

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 02:52:41 UTC 2019

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 at 11:40, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In the USA these often operate as auctions,

I think every livestock sale, anywhere, is done as an auction-type sale,
with the particular animal / whole pen going to the highest bidder? (at
least everyone I've seen, either in person or on TV / movies has)

but shop=auction is rarely used and doesn’t seem right.

On that subject, what do we call an auction centre?

Just had a search & the only reference I can find to auctioning is a 2012
proposal, which apparently hasn't been touched since?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Auctioneer

Interestingly enough, that also refers to livestock!

Thanks

Graeme