[Tagging] shelter_type=rock_shelter

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 14 19:49:47 UTC 2019

Le 14.04.19 à 14:13, Andrew Harvey a écrit :
> natural=cave_entrance

if it were to be done from scratch, the right way would have
been natural/man_made=cave on a node if we don't know
its extent + entrance=yes

> The Australian community has indicated that amenity=shelter +
> shelter_type=rock_shelter is not an appropriate tag in this case since
> these are natural features not man made features so shouldn't be under
> the amenity key [2] [3] [4].

amenity describes often/also a function,
not if done with a natural<>man_made stuff.
e.g. a parking on "natural" ground remains described
with amenity=parking

what is the solution proposed in this discussion?
natural=shelter for natural shelters ?