[Tagging] shelter_type=rock_shelter

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 06:34:34 UTC 2019

At the moment consensus on talk-au is to use a new tag,
natural=rock_overhang.

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 at 06:29, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> shelter is under the amenity key because it is shelter _for_ humans, it
> implies minimum dimensions (shelter for mice would have different
> requirements). It is one way to look on things and it is not the only way
> of course, you could add natural=overhang or whatever, to distinguish them.

I agree, keeping amenity=shelter + shelter_type=rock_shelter helps let you
tag only those rock overhangs used by humans as shelters. So ensures we're
only tagging those actually useful for people.

I agree this could be done in conjunction with natural=rock_overhang.