[Tagging] Subtag for place=locality?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 07:23:25 UTC 2019

 From the original start of place=locality

/All current place tags are for either populated areas, or for larger
areas of County sized or bigger. The place=locality tag is useful for
places that have a specific name, but do not necessarily have any
geographic feature or population centre that could be used to attach a
name tag to. /

That to me suggest that places that locality can be a place that had
population, or places that did not have a population.

But, I agree, that places that had a population would be better tagged
disused:/abandonded: place=hamlet/town/village/city

I think that can go on the wiki for locality... under 'when not to use'
with the others there.
/
/