[Tagging] Ireland, imports and maybe locality is correct 😛 | Re: Subtag for place=locality?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 13:50:00 UTC 2019

I'm sorry for assuming these features were imported. That's a lot of
work! Thanks for getting those administrative boundaries into the
database.

A place=locality is defined as "an unpopulated location for which
there is no extant feature to which the tag could be associated;" the
original proposal said it was for a "named place that has no
population."

It seems like the majority townlands as in Ireland are populated,
however: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Townland - and they are
administrative divisions, so it's not necessary for them to be tagged
with "place=*" in addition to the administrative boundary tags.